Thursday, April 23, 2009

Wetsuits

I guess mom and I are official triathletes. Well, at least we might look the part...or partly the part! I found a screamin deal on XTerra wetsuits and figured I would give it a shot. My Sergeant is a major deal finder and think he is starting to wear off on me! As soon as I ordered our suits and received the notice that they were on back order, I became a little nervous. The cop, who lectures people on bad internet fraud moves became concerned when the backorder email which said my bank card wouldn't be charged until they were shipped. My card was immediately charged. So I called and spoke with a very nice man who told me, no the email was sent out by mistake. After a check of my bank account to see we hadn't been drained of funds, I became excited again at the prospect of being one of those cool-wetsuit wearers. Then I realized I better get moving in the pool so I can actually swim the mile I've committed myself to! The suits arrived yesterday and mine, so far, fits just right. Mom gets hers tomorrow. I can't wait to give it a try, but will probably have to wait for a bit warmer temperatures. Finally, I thought about a few years from now, when I get the team going and some amazing kid is going to get to use this suit and realize they can do great things!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment