Friday, June 5, 2009

Race eve!

My kids are crazy tonight.  We just watched Marley mush her first smore into her mouth.  It's really one of my favorite firsts.  I took a thousand photos.  I have the same photos of Payton.  Gooey marshmallows everywhere.  Chocolate and graham cracker massaged around her mouth.  She is probably stuck to her pillow as she now sleeps.   Precise Payton  has the eating of a smore down to a science and pretty much can eat the whole thing without making a mess.  This is my perfect way to spend an evening.  And perfect way to relax the night before my first race in a couple of years.  I still don't know why I didn't race last season.  I guess I just wasn't in the mood.  So to make up for it, I'm starting off this season with my first Olympic distance race.  It didn't seem to daunting until I finally realized, today I think, that I am going to swim a mile, A MILE, tomorrow morning.  Thank goodness I bought that wetsuit so I can be slightly buoyant!  

Jokes aside, this is going to be a fun day.  There is a lot of family here, spending time together.  Today, we took the kids to the pool for a few hours.  Payton is getting better at trusting the water.  Marley is hanging on to her floaty and jumping off the steps.  She really wants nothing to do with us holding her.  Payton so badly wanted to go down the "kids" water slide and is close to finding her courage to do so!  Maybe tomorrow Payte!  She did sit in the slide for just a moment today, which was a big deal.  

I'm really excited for my husband, Eric to experience his first sprint triathlon tomorrow.  It's interesting trying to manage how we will juggle the kids and the two of us in the race.  Thanks Aunties, Uncles, Grandmas and Papas!  I'm really proud of Eric for all of his hard work.  It's a lot for one person to train in a family.  It's been even more work finding the extra time for both of us to train.  We do our best to keep the workout time away from the kids time, which means lots of training when we should be sleeping.  Sometimes, I think it good for the kids to see us training too, it's a great example of goal achievement and fitness.  I'd rather them see us working out then loafin' in front of the TV.

I'm excited for a great day tomorrow in Moses Lake.  I love you Eric...enjoy the swim, ride and run!!!

1 comment:

  1. i still eat smores like marley. best of luck to all you guys.

    ReplyDelete