Sunday, February 7, 2010

Don't quit

Today's run was long, rainy and slightly painful. I didn't want to start, someone or something stole/ate my gel packs and my brain was racing. Good thing my husband said, "get out there." Good thing I know how bad I would feel if I quit. Finally, at the end, I settled in and accepted the fact that I was NOT quitting today.

One thing I love about distance exercise is how the monotony gives me a chance to process whatever is going on in my life. Today was good for that. I tossed my music and let my brain process. I wish I could write while I was running. It would be great to actually remember some of the problems I solve out there. I won't write them here because they are just way too personal. I finished feeling exhausted. No major times today but I finished and I did NOT quit. That's just how some days are.

As it's Superbowl Sunday, I ended up only having two people at my group run. We had fun though, doing some form work and easy intervals. I love watching people improve their running. I love seeing someone finish their first run in a long time without quitting themselves! I know I don't know everything about being a coach but I do know I have the heart when I am more excited about my athlete's accomplishments than my own.

I do wish I know what happened to my Power Gels though!!

No comments:

Post a Comment