Thursday, February 18, 2010

A kid at heart

I am loving this sunshine we have been blessed with this year. It makes getting through the Washington winter slightly more tolerable! Everyone seems to just smile a little more and my kids an actually play outside. Yesterday, we skipped nap time for some much needed park time. It's funny, I was thinking of what a cool workout I could create at the park. I don't think the homeowners would appreciate it though. This morning, one of my athletes said he finds it funny that thirty years later he finds himself paying money for playground activities! Ah, it's good to be a kid at heart. I love to watch my girls play in the gym. They actually give me ideas for some great exercises.

My kid heart lightened a bit this week as I turned in my police gear. I know I've been mostly done with that job for a few months now. But getting the uniforms back made it seem really final. I have no hesitation this time. I know I have totally done the right thing. It's not easy but spending time with my girls in the best thing in the world. Nothing can take it's place. I think day by day, they are teaching me to enjoy little things and be a kid again myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment